Dedicated to improving the quality of life of those facing a serious medical diagnosis.
Palliative support is appropriate for illnesses like serious cancer, end-stage organ failure or neurological diseases.
- We empower patients and their families to navigate the new uncertainties that comes with any serious illness journey.
- We treat distressing symptoms caused by the disease or treatments.
- We support patients in making complex medical decisions and in planning ahead.
- We pay attention to all aspects of being human – physical, emotional, social and spiritual.
- We support the loved ones around a patient.
- We connect patients and their families to other appropriate resources and services.
Dr Margie Venter
PALLIATIVE CARE SPECIALIST
Our Palliative Care Team offer this service in collaboration with your primary doctor (general practitioner, oncologist, physician, surgeon and so on).
Our team are experts in this field and includes:
- social workers
- and more
This means you will still be treated by your own doctor, but the Palliative Team will provide an extra layer of support for you and your family.